Resene Construction Systems is pleased to sponsor this educational event in supporting accurate construction knowledge to the industry.
Accredited CPD points available
NZRAB – 30 CPD points
ADNZ – 3 CPD points
BOINZ – 2.5 CPD points
LBPs – 1 hour of learning = 1 point
During May, June and July, BRANZ will be presenting a series of seminars for designers, engineers, builders and BCAs providing a technical update and answers to important technical questions to the BRANZ Helpline:
- What is the content and importance of MBIE advisory notes?
- For bracing, how are along and across defined?
- Why can’t I substitute a similar product that I can get cheaper?
- Why is installing cladding over a cavity considered easier than direct fixing?
- Why is the scope of a BRANZ Appraisal important?
- How close to the edge of a slab can a fixing be?
- How much bracing is provided by existing construction?
- Why is an air barrier important in a wall cladding system?
- How do we know cavities work – the science behind cavities – the 4Ds?
- Why are multipliers used in NZS 3604 tables?
- How can I use the E2/AS1 risk matrix as a design tool?
- Are the 4Ds of weathertightness still relevant?
- What is the way to work out the loaded dimension and member spans?
- Why can my deck joists have a longer span, and how do I calculate bracing?
- What do I need to consider when specifying wall underlays and flexible flashing tapes?
- Why do I have to use stainless steel with some new timber treatments?
- How can we utilise the benefits of diaphragms and dragon ties?
- What are the advantages and drawbacks of top venting of cavities?
- What are the differences between a wet cavity and a dry cavity?
- How were risk scores of the E2/AS1 risk matrix determined?
- How can I use E2/AS1 to support another way of detailing?
- What are the rules for tying down roof framing and lintels?
…and much, much more
We’ll include questions you wish to ask on the day – definitely a technical update and clarification session not to be missed.